Between being a toddler and bilingual Kieran sometimes comes out with the cutest words or phrases that make us laugh. Here are a few things in Kieranese
1. In French he refers to his knee as kneenou, which is a combination of the English "knee" and the French genou (prounounced juh-noo)
2. Shoulders are "lowlders" - you should hear him sing "head, shoulders, knees and toes"!
3. After handing him something he says "Merce-you" (merci plus thank you)
4 "Mummy water too?" - Mummy are you having some water too? This is the formula for anything we are eating or drinking
5. Ma-ique - his shortened form of Mozaique, the cat. This has progressed from Mo-Mo
6. Aww-mi-ack - his attempt to pronounce grandmère
7. His uncle's nickname is Manouche, and in French fly is mouche, so during a brief period he called flies Manouche. We haven't told his uncle this.
I really need to try to record these, as well as write them down when he says them, because I am sure there are more that I have forgotten.
What cute things do your kids say?