Tassel garlands seems to be all the rage of late. I love the ones that are made with fabric scraps, and have that idea pinned to tackle soon, but as I was looking at my skeins of embroidery floss recently I realised that they could be used to make a super simple and quick tassel garland too!
- Embroidery floss in colours of your choice
- Bakers twine
1. Cut your floss skeins in half
2. Use one piece of floss to wrap around and tie off a loop close to the folded end
3. Arrange your tassels in a pleasing order
4. Open up each loop like so
5. Hang and adjust the spacing
You can make this as long as you like by using more tassels. You can also make the tassels plumper by combining cut halves of skeins.
Have fun playing with it in your studio!